Monday, June 23, 2008

Thank You!

This is just a 9 minute video that I have put together to say thank you so much for all you have contributed to this project!

We are still several months from finishing up this project - and there is still a great deal of training and equipping before us. So far, about 3/4 of the necessary funds have been provided - but we are currently about $5000 under the needed budget. I know that part of the blessing of this project is the ability to leave behind several cameras and a few laptops on which to edit. I have seen my students really excited to continue to use all that they are learning even after I am gone.

I believe that the students are really learning a lot - and I’m confident that all that is needed will be provided. Your tax deductible gift of support for this project can be made out to: Threads Africa and sent to 26 Stratford Irvine, CA 92620

Thank you so much for your prayers and support!
Katie Taylor



6 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you Katie for everything and seeing those sweet faces brighten up and shine, is such a blessing. These are precious gifts that I treasure so much and they are such sweet souls.
Love you lots for listening to God's calling for this opportunity.
Be blessed and you will never be forgotten.
Thank for everyone who supported this project.

kari reid said...

Wow. How beautiful are your students! Each one has a story to tell - a face to introduce - and a tragedy to expose for the rest of the world to see. There is so much in this film - much more than 9 minutes - packed with emotion and humor. Your music is phenomenal. I am so proud of you - feel like a peacock with it's colors sprayed. Mostly though, i am so glad you are getting some of your own footage...to perhaps do something upon your return. If it's more film - like the previous 9 minutes - consider yourself an award-winning indie film maker. My sister. Love - kar

Meesh said...

Katie!!!

So So So proud of you... You are impacting so directly the future of a generation. Parts of South Africa, if not the whole of it, will be forever changed for the better because of your sacrifice.

I can't wait to see you - two weeks from today I will be landing and running to see your bright face!!!

Love to you,
Meesh

Unknown said...

Katie...what an amazing film! What a gift you have been to those beautiful faces...and them to u, I'm sure. I love seeing the joy in all of those faces as they talk about their love for media. Awesome!! Keep spreading God's love as you so graciously do.

xoxo,
Jené

jtaylor said...

This film is better each time I view it. What a gift you have given to these students--a way to express themselves, and to us--a way to see into the heart of South Africa. God is blessing your ministry in Kayamandi, sweet child. Imgaine the smile on God's face as He sees the way you are using the talent he has given you. I love you, little one.

Josh said...

Katie,

I agree with all of the above. Beautiful. I am so glad you are not only telling this story but becoming part of it. Are there any updates. We want to know how to support you!!